Housing reserves approximately 2900 bed spaces for First Year students coming directly from high school. All applications to residence must be submitted online. Before you apply, please ensure you read the application process described below for important information and dates. You must also read the Residence Agreement Contract before submitting your application.
- Meal plans are mandatory.
- Students living in traditional residences must purchase a Group A full meal plan. Students living in Bates and Mary E. Keyes Residence may select either the Group A full meal plan or the Group B reduced plans.
- If you have listed an apartment or suite room type as a preference but are assigned a traditional building, your plan will be changed to the corresponding Group A full meal plan.
- Hospitality Services can accommodate most dietary needs. If you have special dietary needs, please ensure you indicate this information on the Special Accommodation Needs section of the online application. Please also contact Hospitality Services (Ext. 24422) to discuss your Special Dietary needs. For further information see the Hospitality web-page.
MEAL PLAN INFORMATION - Click here!
What happens if I'm not guaranteed?
- First year students who do not receive a guarantee are welcome to apply to the waiting list, and are not required to make a deposit until contacted and instructed to do so.
- Non-guaranteed students applying to residence before the application deadline will be placed on the waiting list in descending order based on admission average. Applications received after the deadline will be ordered on the waiting list according to date and time the application is received.
- Students who have met the application deadline will be notified of their waiting list position one week after the residence application deadline. For all students applying after the deadline, waiting list positions will be posted within 5 business days. Students can view their waiting list positions on the online Residence Portal.
- What are the chances of getting an offer for residence? This is difficult to predict as an offer can only be made when spaces becomes available. There is no way to determine the timing of cancellations/withdrawals.
- What other options do I have? We encourage wait list students to look at all options for housing and suggest you visit the Off-Campus Resource Centre to find out more about accommodations in the local community.
RESIDENCE, MEAL PLAN & IRC FEES
Click here for a complete listing of room fees and meal plan options.
Apply for Residence Now
Students with guaranteed residence who cancel their application online must do so by the refund cancellation deadline to qualify for a partial deposit refund of $300.
MOVING INTO RESIDENCE
While you're probably not thinking much about moving in yet, here are a few important things to know:
- Move-in weekend for all First Year students is held on Labour Day weekend.
- No early move in is permitted.
- Residence Admissions holds rooms for students until September 6, 2013. After this date, your room is re-assigned to another student.
- Complete move in information is sent to all students in late August by email.
- Packing Tips can be found here (PDF).
QUESTIONS? - Contact the Residence Admissions team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at (905) 525-9140 Ext 24342