Technology alone cannot ensure the security of everyone living in residence. In many instances changing the way you think about your home can prevent most problems. Some popular suggestions from resident students on how to help watch-out for themselves and their friends include:
- Lock your doors whenever you are not in your room. A small action can prevent big problems.
- Escort your guests rather than allowing them to wander freely. THEIR actions are YOUR actions.
- Don’t let people ‘tailgate’ after you when entering the front door. Do you know who just followed you in?
- Approach strangers on your floor & report anything suspicious to a student staff member. No.Go.Tell.
- Do not prop open any building entrance door. Let the technology do its job.