Room set-up by Facility Services is required as a condition of booking Council Chambers. Please confirm your preferred set up with Conference & Event Services no later than 10 days in advance of your event date, along with expected number of attendees. Please submit a valid 10-digit legacy account number to process the work order. If you no not have access to an account, please contact Conference & Event Services to arrange for payment.
Keys must be picked up and returned to the Conference & Event Services office located in McKay Hall, room 124 between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday. The key must be returned at the end of the event or, if the office is closed, before 9:30 AM on the next business day.
- Warmly appointed space with large windows (art and furniture)
- Two-step raised stage at the front of the room
- McMaster crested podium
- Large motorized projection screen
- Permanent credenza for presentation of refreshments or materials
- Private foyer arrival area with coat closet
- Private restroom off the foyer
- University telephone in the foyer
- Complimentary WiFi (MacConnect access available with university authentication)
- Moveable furniture and equipment available for set-ups includes:
- Stacking chairs with arms
- Six and five foot tables
- 5 rolling chairs
The Council Chambers may not be booked for performances (music, theatre, singing, dancing, drumming, etc.) Priority is given to University Governance meetings of the Board of Governor’s and Senate and the committees which report to them directly.
Catering must be arranged through Paradise Catering. Please contact email@example.com or 905-525-9140 X24836. Council Chambers has a liquor licence for 162 persons.
Fire regulations stipulate the maximum capacity of the Council Chambers is 256 persons with chairs only, or 211 persons with chairs and tables. Reaching the room’s capacity is not advised. The foyer doors leading to Gilmour Hall are fire doors and are NOT to be propped open with arms and/or podiums.
- External Rate: $362
- Internal Rate: $310
If a microphone or a/v are required please contact Classroom Audio Visual prior to your event. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-525-9140 X22761.
Bookings for the next academic year will only be accepted after July 1, after Board of Governor and Senate meetings are scheduled for the upcoming academic year.