April Move Out 2021
If you are planning to travel, please be aware that the new Stay-At-Home Orders may affect services such as real estate, public transit and more. As this is a fast-changing situation, please monitor the news for further announcements of new restrictions and make ensure you plan ahead when making your travel arrangements to your destination.
If the Stay-At-Home Orders have significantly impacted your travel situation (i.e. flights, etc.), please contact email@example.com to discuss your circumstances and make alternative arrangements.
Important information to know about your Move-Out experience:
- Sign-in to your Residence Portal (https://liveatmac.mcmaster.ca/PortalX/) to sign-up for a move-out timeslot and to fill out the key return form. This is mandatory for all students moving out of residence to complete.
- Everyone will be required to always wear a mask in the residence building, with the exception of your student room.
- Only use designated elevators for move-out.
- You can bring up to 2 other people to help you move out of residence. Your helpers must be part of your family or household.
- Move-out helpers are required to complete the province’s COVID-19 screening app (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) within one hour of arriving to McMaster University. This must be done before your move-out helper is permitted to enter residence. The screening tool is also available on the McMaster Safety App.
- Your move-out helper should keep a screen shot of their results as they maybe asked to show their completed assessment form.
- If your move-out helper does not pass the screening test they are not permitted to enter campus and should self-isolate and seek assessment and testing.
Contactless Key Return
This is your Key Return Envelope. Before returning your keys to the Service Centre when you move out please follow these necessary steps:
- Complete the Key Return page in your Residence Portal.
- When you receive your Key Return Envelope remove key rings, lanyards, key pouches (provided at move in) and return only the items indicated on the envelope.
- If you have a Hospitality card, please return these in your Key Return Envelope
- Laundry cards that have less than $5 cannot be refunded. If you have more than $5 you can connect Coin A Matic for a possible refund – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return your keys, in the sealed envelope, to the Service Centre during your move-out time slot and once you have cleared out your belongings from your room.
Moving Out Checklist
- Removing all items from your residence room, clean and empty your Coldex Fridge. Please leave your fridge plugged in.
- Take out all garbage from your room and put it in the garbage room.
- Check that everything that came with your room is left in place (recycling bin, garbage bin, desk lamp, etc.).
- Heating units with speed settings should be turned off.
- Close windows and blinds.
- Turn off lights.
- Lock your room door behind you.
- Please check that all personal mail/parcels have been picked up from the Service Centre prior to your departure. We also advise updating your Prime and other delivery accounts with your new address.
- Seal the Key Return Envelope before handing in your keys to the Commons Service Centre. Keys can be delivered in your sealed envelope to the Commons Service Centre 24 hours (please note break closures at: 11am-12pm; 7pm-8pm and 3am-4am). Alternatively, they can be placed in the key drop box found next to the Service Centre.
Note: your room will be inspected by Residence staff after you move-out. If any damages or additional cleaning is required, you may face additional fees.
During your designated move-out time you will be allowed to park a vehicle on campus. Short-term parking is available in the parking spaces on the west side of PGCLL (in the childcare centre assigned spaces. Long-term parking is available in Lot – G (across from the football field).
If you use Lot – G for long-term parking make sure to take a ticket at the entry gate of the parking lot and use the buzzer at the exit gate to call Parking/Security to notify them you are were here for Residence Move-Out and now leaving.
DO NOT park for any amount of time on the east side of PGCLL (across from the football field). Parking and Security will be monitoring traffic along Michell Cres.
Campus cruisers will be available to students moving out of residence on a first-come first serve basis. You can request to sign-out a campus cruiser for a limited period from the Commons Service Centre.