When is Move-In?
McMaster residence move-in will take place on Saturday, August 27th and Sunday, August 28th, 2022.
Your building assignment will determine which dates and times you are expected to move-in. Please refer to the table for each building’s official move-in date. You can double-check the specific move-in time you selected on the Move-In-Time Slots section of the Portal.
|Move-In Date||Residence Buildings|
|Saturday, August 27th 2022||Brandon, Hedden, Les Prince, McKay, Whidden, Woodstock|
|Sunday, August 28th 2022||Bates, Edwards, Mary E. Keyes, Matthews, Moulton, PGCLL, Wallingford|
As of August 3rd, students could choose their move-in time slot:
- Log into the Residence Portal and then click Application on the navigation bar. Click Continue your application.
- You will then be brought to the Residence Term Selection page and click Continue your active application.
- This will take you to the Residence Assignment page. Click Save & Continue to go to the Health and Safety quiz.
- After you complete the Health and Safety quiz, you can return to your application and continue to move-in options.
- This will take you to the Early or Late Arrival request page. If you need to arrive before or after move-in weekend (Aug 27 or 28), you may apply by completing the Early or Late Arrival request page before August 12.
- After your application for early or late arrival has been reviewed by Residence Admissions, you will receive an email.
- If you do not have a need for an early or late arrival, click Save & Continue which will take you to the Move-In Time Slot selection.
- On the calendar found on the Move-In Time Slots page, select a 30-minute window for your move-in. Please note there are no plans to add additional time slots.
- Confirm your booking and start packing! You will receive a confirmation email with your move-in date and time.
- View the date, time and duration of your appointment any time on the Move-In-Time Slots section of the Portal.
How to Get to Campus
Select your building below to find out how to get to the start of your on-campus route. Once you get to campus, our staff will be near the roadways to help make sure you are on the right path to your residence!
Make sure your car-tag is visible on your dashboard so that our staff can make sure you have a smooth move-in experience. Please note: Your car-tag will be sent closer to your move-in day via email.
who can i bring to move-in?
Please only bring one vehicle to campus. We have helpers who will be cheering you on and assisting students in moving their belongings into residence.
As McMaster paused its mask mandate as of June 1, 2022, you and your helpers are not required to wear a mask on campus. However, please always be respectful of the comfort levels of those around you.
What if i don’t want move-in helpers to carry my items to my room?
A big part of move-in is having residence reps who will be cheering you on and helping you carry items to your room.
If you prefer to not be cheered and/or that our helpers do not touch your items, please email email@example.com with your preference and we will provide you with identification for your vehicle to indicate your preference.
Can I See My Residence Building Before Move-In?
Enjoy a tour of your residence building this August. Book a virtual tour of your residence room (limited space) or check out our room tours on YouTube!
Answers to help you prepare for move-in!
As per the Fridge Policy, you are not allowed to bring your own mini-fridge into residence. You are welcome to rent a mini-fridge through Coldex. If you are living in a traditional triple or quad room, you will receive a large mini-fridge on us.
If you are in any other room type and order your fridge before August 20th, it will be waiting for you when you move in.