Before you submit your request, here are a few things you should know:
The Room Change Request Waiting List is for students who wish to be considered for a different room type other than their current assignment.
Applications received during the application period will be placed in a lottery to determine their waiting list order. Students who have met the application deadline will be notified of their waiting list position one week after the Room Change Application deadline.
- As mentioned above, room change requests are not guaranteed and will only occur if another student cancels their residence space.
- The chances of receiving a room change are very low as residences are full for this year.
- Some of our most popular room change requests are for rooms with an ensuite washroom, single rooms, an apartment style or a suite style rooms and these rooms are extremely limited within the residence system.
- Room Type vs Roommate Requests: Students who are placed in a room with their requested roommate and then submit an application for a room change, will be considered for a change HOWEVER their roommate will not move with them to the new space.
- Please note we will only consider one room change request/move per student prior to the deadline.
- Students are held responsible for the difference in cost between room types and a $75 Room Change Request fee charged to their Mosaic Student Account.
To apply to the Room Change Request Waiting List:
- Log-in to the Residence Portal.
- Complete the Residence Room Change Request Application.
- Students may select between one to three room types on the Room Change Request Waiting list application.
- A $75 Room Change Fee will be applied if/when a room change is approved.
- If we are able to accommodate a room change to any of the three selected room types on the application students will be notified by email with their new assigned room type.
- Students are held responsible for the difference in cost in room types and a $75 Room Change Request fee charged to their Mosaic Student Account.
For applications for the Room Change Request Waiting list received before the deadline.
- Application received will be placed in a lottery to determine their waiting list order.
- Students who have met the application deadline will be notified of their waiting list position one week after the Room Change Application deadline.
- Applications for the Room Change Request Waiting List received after the application deadline will be ordered on the waiting list according to the date and time the application is received.
- For all students applying after the deadline, they will be notified of their waiting list positions within 5 business days.
What are the chances of getting a room change?
- It’s difficult to predict what the chances of receiving a room change will be, as a room change can only be made when the room type you requested becomes available (usually through another student cancelling their residence space).
- There is no way to determine the timing of cancellations/withdrawal and room changes are not guaranteed.
- We encourage students to reach out and connect with their community and roommate(s) in their current assignments as we may not be able to accommodate their request.
What happens if I don’t receive a Room Change before Residence Move-In?
- Students who are on the Room Change Request Waiting list after Residence Move-in will stay on the waiting list and will continue to be considered throughout the academic year if/when rooms become available.
- If/when a room becomes available throughout the academic year, the student will be notified by email.