Residence Facilities is responsible for ensuring a healthy, safe, secure, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing residential experience.
During the summer months, Facilities focuses on providing our summer guests with a positive residential and hotel experience. We take the opportunity to enhance the residences with capital renewal initiatives and a comprehensive repair and preventive maintenance program.
This position assists with the completion of housekeeping tasks with routine work and performed under direct supervision. This role is exclusive to hotel rooms and suites used by summer conference guests.
- Plan and execute logistics and tasks.
- Receive and respond to issues as outlined by your leader.
- Liaise with facility services to ensure all services have been provided.
- Perform all clerical and logistics duties related to the assigned tasks.
- Manage and keep track of duties completed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Prior experience working in a housekeeping role is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of McMaster University residences and their facilities
Part-Time Hours: April 15 – 30, 2023 (minimum of 8 hours – maximum of 40 hours total during these days)
Full-Time Hours: May 1 – September 2, 2023 (up to 44 hours a week). Operational demand may require working some weekends.
Hourly rate: starting at $16.50 an hour