Residence Facilities is responsible for ensuring a healthy, safe, secure, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing residential experience. During the summer months, Facilities focuses on providing our summer guests with a positive residential experience, takes the opportunity to enhance the residences with capital renewal initiatives and a comprehensive repair and preventive maintenance programme, and gives all buildings a deep cleaning.
Assists with the completion of housekeeping tasks. Work is routine and performed under direct supervision according to established procedures. This role is exclusive to suites and venues used by summer guests.
- Perform a variety of housekeeping tasks including garbage removal and receptacle cleaning, wall washing, dusting, vacuuming, suite and venue cleaning, linen changing, bedroom cleaning and supply replenishment.
- Record completion of housekeeping tasks and enter work orders on established templates.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Prior experience working in a housekeeping role is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of McMaster University residences and their facilities
- Timeline: May 2, 2022 – September 3, 2022.
- Monday – Friday – 8 am – 4:30 pm (40-44 hours/week – operational demands may require some weekend work)
- $15.00 / hr