Housing and Conference Services is responsible for providing a safe, secure and pleasant residence experience for 4100 students. H&CS hosts events that support and assist students with their transition into and out of residence. The Residence Event Support Staff will support the implementation of multiple residence initiatives including, but limited to, Residence Move-In and Move-Out.
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of materials for various events.
- Answer basic inquiries in-person, via email or phone and escalate issues when necessary based on established departmental guidelines.
- Assist with other related duties to contribute to the overall operation of events under direct guidance.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: No prior experience required.
- Demonstrated responsibility and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated responsibility in advisor, resource, and support capacities.
- Demonstrated conflict mediation skills is considered an asset.
- Previous Move-In and/or Move-Out Traffic Assistant experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of McMaster Residence is considered an asset.
- Possessing Ontario G Class License is considered an asset.
- Adapt to change and problem solve effectively.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Some physical labour.
- Team meetings and mandatory training sessions will be held.
- A majority of this position is working in an outdoor environment with varying weather conditions.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding students and work related matters.
- Must know, observe, and apply University and Residence policies.
Must be available to work August 21 – September 4 for Move-In Dates and job training.