Assist department in identifying and registering guests. Will act as an ambassador to the department while interacting with students, staff, and campus partners. Work is routine and performed under close supervision in accordance with established procedures.
- Greet visitors, answer or redirect general inquiries in-person.
- Identify and sign-in guests using an application template.
- Provide information regarding routine inquiries, applicable policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain files, correspondence and records.
- Participate in all staff meetings and applicable training sessions.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding residences and work-related matters.
- Seek out assistance and escalate issues when necessary based on established departmental guidelines.
- Update and maintain a variety of correspondences, documents and related information.
- Liaise with a variety of internal stakeholders relating to student services.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 6 months of related experience.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, written, verbal, facilitation, negotiation, and presentation.
- Computer skills – proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the McMaster Residence buildings is considered an asset.
- Early August 2023 to April 2024. Approximately 10 hours per week.
- Guest Registration Assistant shifts typically take place on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 9 PM – 2:30 AM.
Additional shifts, meetings, or training sessions will be scheduled outside of the dates and times listed above at the Supervisor’s discretion.