Unit and Position Description
Housing and Conference Services is responsible for providing a safe, secure and pleasant residence move-out experience for both students and parents. During the month of April, H&CS prepares for 3600 students to move out of residence within a 7 day period. The Residence Move-Out Traffic Assistant will support the implementation of the residence move-out process.
Perform a variety of routine tasks for events including the set-up and take down of materials, answering basic inquiries and assisting with the overall operation of events. Work is routine and performed under established guidelines.
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of materials for various events.
- Answer basic inquiries in-person, via email or phone and escalate issues when necessary based on established departmental guidelines.
- Assist with other related duties to contribute to the overall operation of events under direct guidance.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: No prior experience required.
- Demonstrated responsibility and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated responsibility in advisor, resource, and support capacities.
- Demonstrated conflict mediation skills is considered an asset.
- Previous Move-In and/or Move-Out Traffic Assistant experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of McMaster Residence is considered an asset.
- Adapt to change and problem solve effectively.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Some physical labour.
- Team meetings and mandatory training sessions will be held.
- A majority of this position is working in an outdoor environment with varying weather conditions.
- Must Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding students and work related matters.
- Must know, observe, and apply University and Residence policies.
- Must remain in residence until April 29, 2020; if applicable.