Unit and Position Description
Residence Admissions is the main point of contact for students applying to live in residence at McMaster, and a busy hub of activity all year round as we work with students, their families and other stakeholders to support a healthy residence community. In addition, this office is responsible for preparing numerous residence policies and publications, as well as conduct the marketing for on-campus living.
Working with the Administrative Assistant and reporting to the Manager, Residence Admissions, the successful candidate will assist in supporting students and parents throughout the application process.
The Admissions Assistant will work directly with the Administrative Assistant on daily tasks as well as the Residence Admissions team with special projects.
Performs a variety of routine tasks including; processing applications, assisting customers with general inquiries and providing administrative support for departmental events and activities. Work is performed in accordance with established guidelines.
- Process applications in accordance with established departmental guidelines.
- Respond or redirect general inquiries in-person, by telephone and e-mail.
- Provide administrative support for events and activities.
- Assist with providing information for tours and events as directed.
- Update and maintain correspondence, materials and information on social media channels according to established guidelines.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: 6 months of previous customer service experience.
- Excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of computers (including windows based applications), and be comfortable with learning new software systems
- A positive attitude and a demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of McMaster University campus and its facilities
- Problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative in task completion
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime with little or no notice
- Knowledge of the residence buildings and experience living in residence are an asset.
- Position timeline: May 1st, 2022 to September 2nd, 2022
- FT 35hr/week – Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (1-hour unpaid lunch) in alignment with office hours and administrative assistant team, however work hours may vary or be flexed during peak times.
- Hourly wage $15.