Unit and Position Description
Residence Admissions is the main point of contact for perspective students applying to live in residence at McMaster, and a busy hub of activity all year round as we work with students, their families and other stakeholders to support a healthy residence community. In addition, this office is responsible for preparing numerous residence policies, and articulating these policies to the residence community and perspective students and their families.
Working with the Administrative Assistant and reporting to the Manager, Residence Admissions, the successful candidate will assist in supporting students and their families throughout the application process including answering emails, phones and having conversations over Teams.
The Admissions Assistant will work directly with the Occupancy and Leasing Coordinators on a daily tasks as well as the Residence Admissions team with special projects.
- Process applications in accordance with established departmental guidelines.
- Respond or redirect general inquiries in-person, by telephone, e-mail and Teams platform.
- Provide administrative support for events and activities.
- Assist with providing information for tours and events as directed.
- Assist with reviewing and updating correspondence, materials, and information on the website.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 6 months of previous customer service experience.
- This is a McMaster Work Study position. Only students who are work study eligible will be considered for this position.
- Excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of computers (including windows based applications), and be comfortable with learning new software systems
- A positive attitude and a demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of McMaster University campus and its facilities
- Problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative in task completion
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime with little or no notice
- knowledge of the residence buildings and experience living in residence are an asset
- Full-time dates: May through September, 2024
- Schedule: Monday- Friday with some weekend work needed depending on operation needs
- Hours: Up to 35 per week
- Hourly rate: Starting at $16.55/hour