Housing and Conference Services (HCS) directly supports the University’s goal of advancing human and societal wellbeing and overriding vision of ‘educating for capability’. We currently provide a distinctive living and learning experience for 3600 students focused on key educational priorities including community development, personal growth and wellness, academic excellence, and inclusion.
Embedded within Housing and Conference Services (HCS) is the Residence Education department, which is comprised of two Living Learning Coordinators, a Research Coordinator, and the Manager, Educational Initiatives and Assessment.
In the role of Project Assistant, the successful candidate will work directly with the Residence Education department to develop, deliver, and assess student programming and/or events that are in line with the learning goals of our six Living Learning Communities. These communities can be listed as follows: Innovation & Society, eSports & Gaming, Health & Wellness, Leaders & Influencers, Women in Leadership, and Creative Expressions. More information about each community can be found here: https://housing.mcmaster.ca/future-residents/living-learning-communities/.
- Provide administrative support for projects, events and meetings.
- Respond or redirect general inquiries in-person or virtually via MS Teams, social media, or email.
- Update information regarding projects and events on various communication channels.
- Provide virtual and on-site support for projects, events, and meetings.
- Collect, update and maintain files, correspondence and records according to established guidelines.
- Support the hiring process of student staff roles.
- Coordinate staff schedules, team meetings and training sessions.
- Support Residence Life Staff with troubleshooting issues as they arise from students and guests.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 6 months of related experience.
- Experience and/or knowledge of topic areas addressed by any of the six Living Learning Communities (https://housing.mcmaster.ca/future-residents/living-learning-communities/).
- Experience developing and delivering programming and/or events for students.
- Experience creating social media content and/or graphic design.
- In your cover letter, please indicate if you have experience and/or knowledge of any topics areas addressed by our six Living Learning Communities.