Department and Position Description
Residence Facilities is responsible for ensuring a healthy, safe, secure, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing residential experience. During the summer months, this position will assist the Residence Trades Team in various preventive maintenance in the residence buildings, perform inspections of residence buildings, and identify areas that need repairs, sort and organize inventory and storage areas.
Responsible for assisting with repair and preventive maintenance work required on campus. Work is routine and performed under close supervision in accordance with prescribed procedures and established guidelines.
- Plan and execute logistics and tasks.
- Receive and respond to issues as outlined by your leader.
- Liaise with facility services to ensure all services have been provided.
- Perform all clerical and logistics duties related to the assigned tasks.
- Manage and keep track of duties completed.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Experience: Prior experience working in a maintenance field is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of McMaster University residences and their facilities
- Experience using tools (i.e. a screwdriver)
Full-Time Hours: May 1 – September 2, 2023 (up to 44 hours a week, 7AM – 3:30PM Monday – Friday). Operational demand may require working some weekends.Hourly Rate: $16.50 – $18.00
- Operational demands will require some weekend work