Department and Position Description
Residence Facilities is responsible for ensuring a healthy, safe, secure, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing residential experience. During the summer months, Facilities focuses on providing our summer guests with a positive residential experience, takes the opportunity to enhance the residences with capital renewal initiatives and a comprehensive repair and preventive maintenance programme, and gives all buildings a deep spring cleaning.
Student maintenance helpers will assist full-time trades staff in completing repair/preventive maintenance work required throughout all residence buildings.
Responsible for assisting with repair and preventive maintenance work required on campus. Work is routine and performed under close supervision in accordance with prescribed procedures and established guidelines.
- Assist with completing minor, routine repair work as directed.
- Assist with maintenance duties such as but not limited to; window cleaning, power washing, ground, washroom and common room maintenance.
- Assists with furniture moves for various campus locations.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Experience: Prior experience working in a maintenance field is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of McMaster University residences and their facilities
- FT Timeline: May 1, 2019 – August 31, 2019 (up to 44 hours/week)
- Operational demands will require some weekend work