The Residence Life Project Assistant will work closely with the Residence Life Coordinator and the Managers, Student Leadership & Learning to assist with Residence Life Staff Training, as well as large-scale projects within the office. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated, takes initiative, and is capable of functioning both independently and in a team setting. The Project Assistant is professional, congenial, communicates effectively with others, and has a positive attitude. They are organized, reliable, and thorough, and demonstrate creativity and sound problem solving skills.
Under close supervision, assist with the planning, organization, and implementation of various projects and events for a Department or Faculty. Work is performed in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide administrative support for projects, events and meetings.
- Respond or redirect general inquiries in-person, by telephone or via email.
- Update information regarding projects and events on various communication channels.
- Provide on-site routine support for projects, events and meetings.
- Collect, update and maintain files, correspondence and records according to established guidelines.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 6 months of related experience.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects thoroughly and accurately and follow through on appropriate timelines.
- Ability to develop excellent professional interpersonal relationships and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, take initiative and be proactive.
- Shows maturity, responsibility and a positive attitude towards the tasks at hand.
- Working knowledge of computers, database management (Microsoft Excel) and basic design programs (Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite (ie. Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)).
- Knowledge of the McMaster Residence Life system and programs is considered an asset.
The Project Assistant generally works Monday to Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm but must be able to work flexible hours based on operational needs.
- Black out vacation dates June 1– 14, 2020, August 10 – September 4, 2020
- Part-Time Hours: April 2020
- Full-Time Hours: May – August 2020