The Residence Life Project Assistant will work closely with the Coordinators of Operations, Training & Development, and other members of the Residence Life Management Team (RLMT) to assist with student staff training logistics, large-scale projects/events, and resource organization. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated, takes initiative, and is capable of functioning both independently and in a team setting. The Project Assistant is professional, communicates effectively with others, and has a positive attitude. They are organized, reliable, and thorough, and demonstrate creativity and sound problem solving skills.
Under close supervision, assist with the planning, organization, and implementation of various projects and events for a Department or Faculty. Work is performed in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide administrative support for projects, events and meetings.
- Respond or redirect general inquiries in-person/virtually, by telephone, MS Teams or via email.
- Update information regarding projects and events on various communication channels.
- Provide virtual and some on-site support for projects, events and meetings.
- Collect, update and maintain files, correspondence and records according to established guidelines.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 6 months of related experience.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects thoroughly and accurately and follow through on appropriate timelines.
- Ability to develop excellent professional interpersonal relationships and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated creativity and sound problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, responsibility, and leadership abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, take initiative and be proactive.
- Shows maturity, responsibility and a positive attitude towards the tasks at hand.
- Working knowledge of computers, database management (Microsoft Excel) and basic design programs (Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite (ie. Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign).
Knowledge of the McMaster Residence Life system and programs is considered an asset.
This position includes primarily indoor working conditions but will include outdoor working environments. The Project Assistant generally works Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm but must be able to work flexible hours based on operational needs.
- FT Timeline: May 2, 2022 – September 9, 2022 (35 hours/week)
- No vacation during Student Staff August training and Welcome Week (dates TBD typically last two week of August and first week of September)
- This role is not flexible with Welcome Week Rep positions
- Hourly rate $15.42