Department and Position Description
The Residence Transition Planner will work closely with the Coordinator, Residence Life Operations, and other members of the Residence Life Management Team (RLMT) to assist with the planning of Residence Move-In weekend, student staff hiring, programming resource inventory, as well as large-scale projects within the office. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated, takes initiative, and is capable of functioning both independently and in a team setting.
This position requires an individual who is self-motivated, takes initiative, and is capable of functioning both independently and in a team setting. The RTP is professional, communicates effectively with others, and has a positive attitude. They are organized, reliable, and demonstrate a passion for supporting the first-year experience.
Under close supervision, assist with the planning, organization, and implementation of various projects and events for a Department or Faculty. Work is performed in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide administrative support for projects, events and meetings.
- Respond or redirect general inquiries in-person/virtually, by telephone, MS Teams or via email.
- Update information regarding projects and events on various communication channels.
- Provide virtual and some on-site support for projects, events and meetings.
- Collect, update and maintain files, correspondence and records according to established guidelines.
- Support the hiring process of student staff roles.
- Coordinate staff schedules, team meetings and training sessions.
- Support residence life student staff with troubleshooting issues as the arise from students and guests.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 6 months of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment, is self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Demonstrated creativity and sound problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, responsibility, and leadership abilities.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Previous experience working in Residence is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of McMaster Residence policies and buildings is considered an asset.
Must possess an Ontario G Class License
This position includes primarily indoor working conditions, but will include outdoor working environments. The Residence Transition Planner generally works Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm but must be able to work flexible hours and some weekends
- Full-Time Hours: May 1 – September 2, 2023 (up to 35 hours a week). Operational demand may require working some weekends
- Part-Time Hours: September 3 – 9, 2023 (up to 15 hours).
- Hourly rate: starting at $16.50 an hour
- No vacation requests: Student staff training, move-in weekend and welcome week.
- This role is not flexible with Welcome Week Rep positions