Limited Residence Spaces Now Available!
Tired of commuting? Want to stay close to campus, classes, and friends?Residence Admissions now has a limited number of residence rooms available! We work with students to match them with great roommates and find residence spaces that will meet your needs. Most students are able to move in within 48 hours!
Interested? Here’s what to do next:Step 1: Use the residence portal to apply. Login here with your McMaster ID and password. You must also read the Residence Agreement Contract before submitting your application.
Step 2: Expect a call from us within 2 business days. During this time our Roommate Matching software is reviewing your preferences, and we’re looking for a great space for you to live. We will give you a call to let you know your room options and cost based on your preferred move-in date. Please note, room availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Step 3: You’ll have 24 hours to decide before we release the room. When you’ve made a decision, let us know and we will confirm your move-in date and time! At this point, the residence and meal plan fees will be posted to your student account.
Step 4: Move-in on your selected date and start enjoying campus life!
Move to Mac FAQ
- Applying to residence does guarantee or hold you a spot.
- This application is for students wanting to move-in as soon as possible. If you would like to wait until January 2018 to move in, complete your application on the residence portal and select January as the term.
- To be eligible for residence you must be registered as a full-time Undergraduate student at McMaster University.
- Priority will be given to first-year students coming directly from high school and returning Undergraduate students with a sessional average of at least 5.0. See the Residence Agreement Contract for more details.
- Most students will be offered to live in double rooms and bunk & loft/triple rooms with a roommate(s).
- Students answer profile questions as part of the online application to be matched with roommate(s).
Click here for a complete listing of room types and room fees. Please note that room fees will be prorated based on your move-in date.
Room fees do not include Meal Plan fees or the Residence Life Activity Fee.
- The Department of Hospitality Services requires all residence students to purchase a Meal Plan.
- Students living in traditional residences must purchase a Group A full meal plan. Students living in Bates and Mary E. Keyes Residence may select either the Group A full meal plan or the Group B reduced plans.
- If you have listed an apartment or suite room type as a preference but are assigned a traditional building, your plan will be changed to the corresponding Group A full meal plan.
- Hospitality Services may accommodate most dietary needs. If you have specific dietary needs, please ensure you indicate this information on the Residence Accommodation section of the online application. Please also contact Hospitality Services (Ext. 24422) to discuss your Specific Dietary needs. For further information see the Hospitality web-page. Meal Plan Information – Click here!
Cancellation and Withdrawal Policy
- After you have accepted a residence space, there are no refunds for spaces.
- Give us a call at 905.525.9140 x 24342