Benefits of ResidenceMaking the move from home to university is a big transition. Fortunately, there are a lot of people at Mac to help you make this transition. It won’t be long before you’re feeling a strong sense of belonging to a community that cares about you. The campus will become your “home away from home.”
We believe that residence living provides an incredibly valuable transition for first year students from living at home to living on their own.
Why Choose Residence?
- A comfortable and safe new ‘home’.
- Everything is at your doorstep, saving you valuable time.
- Amazing dining opportunities.
- A valuable support community.
- An environment that is monitored and supported by student and professional staff.
- Flexible, need oriented programming (for personal growth, developing leadership abilities and working within groups
- Program examples: floor socials, potluck meals, study-skills, drug and alcohol awareness programs, campus resource tours, stress, money management, project and final exam help, community involvement, and holiday diversity.
- A focus on meeting a wide range of student needs.
- Competitive in cost with off-campus living options.
- A place where you make friends and memories for life.
- A safe campus with 24/7 security cameras and trained Security Constables.
People in the Residence CommunityHere are a few people you will want to get to know:
Community Advisors (CAs)Senior student employees living in your building who are available to offer assistance with academics, campus issues, or other concerns. They are trained peer helpers.
Residence Managers (RMs)Full-time, live-in professional employees of the university who are responsible for the overall management of the residence communities.
Housing Assistants (HAs)Full-time employees of the university who work at our two Service Centres. They are available 24 hours per day to answer your questions, assist you with keys, take your maintenance requests and monitor the building security systems.