Residence Accommodation Request
- If you have a medical, dietary, disability, religious and/or Over 6’2 tall request that may necessitate specific residence accommodation needs, you MUST indicate this on your residence application by answering “Yes” to requiring residence accommodation and complete the required sections which includes an explanation of the student’s situation and documentation from an attesting professional.
- Residence Accommodation requests are used for the residence allocation process and are not used to grant admission to residence. A request for admission to residence based on the need for a residence accommodation will only be considered if you present substantial evidence in your residence accommodation request that you would otherwise be unable to attend McMaster University.
- Guaranteed students: Residence accommodation requests will be considered for the residence allocation process.
- Non-Guaranteed/Wait List students: Residence accommodation requests will only be considered for the residence allocation process if you receive an offer of guaranteed residence from the waiting list.
- Although we try to accommodate a student’s needs, we cannot guarantee specific room type requests.
- Diet related requests (e.g., gluten allergy etc.) may be met through specialized menu planning with Hospitality Services
- Residence Accommodation requests and documentation becomes property of Residence Admissions and will not be returned or released to the student.
- Late submissions and incomplete documentation will be subject to a $50 Late Documents Fee and your request may not be considered.
How to submit a Residence Accommodation Request:
- The nature of your situation which necessitates your request
- What you require to ensure your accommodation needs are met
- The measures you employ at home to best address your needs request
* Residence Admissions will not request a diagnosis from an attesting professional. However, to better understand the residence accommodation request, the attesting professional must provide a letter with the following:
- explanation of the nature of the student’s situation that precipitates the request
- explanation of any functional limitations the student may have that necessitates a residence accommodation request
- explanation of room types and amenities they deem to be applicable to the needs of the student, such as, but not limited to:
- private room
- private washroom
- wheelchair accessible washroom
- special diet
- access to daily cooking
- special bed setup
- quiet community/floor
- Students may either upload a letter from their attesting professional or use the template below to provide to their attesting professional and upload to their online application when complete.
- Attesting Professional Template
All Residence Accommodation Requests are due by June 8th, 2018 at 4:00pm EDT.
See Important Dates for all application deadlines.