Residence Community Updates - JUNE 4, 2020
RESIDENCE UPDATES – JUNE 16, 2020
Signage has been updated in Hedden Hall and Les Prince regarding social distancing and other COVID-19 precautions. For your health and safety, please ensure that you follow signage instruction at all times.
RESIDENCE UPDATES – JUNE 4, 2020
From Monday, June 8, 2020, Centro in the Commons Building will be closed. La Piazza, located in the MUSC, will open in its place. Hours of operation will be as follows:
Monday to Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays:
10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Residence Updates – May 15, 2020
The West Quad Service Centre (Keyes) will be temporarily closed until further notice.
All Service Centre inquiries can be directed to the North Quad Service Centre (Commons) at 905-525-9140 ext. 27222. The North Quad Service Centre is open daily from 10:45 a.m. to 7:15 a.m. the following morning.
Information Box Group
Information Box Group
Key Return Instructions
A Key Return Envelope will be delivered by a Community Support Assistant under your room door ahead of your move-out date. When you are moving please complete the following steps before returning your keys to your Service Centre:
- Complete the Key Return form in the Student Portal. You can access this form by logging in to the Student portal and clicking the “Key Return” link.
- When you receive your Key Return Envelope please remove any key rings, lanyards, key pouches (provided at move-in), etc. Please return only the the items listed on the envelope.
- If you have a Hospitality card, please return these in your Key Return Envelope.
- You do not need to return your laundry card. For refunds on balances of $5.00 or more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure to seal the Key Return Envelope before handing in your keys to your Service Centre.
International Students & Exceptional Circumstances
How to Move-Out of Residence
- Please remove all items from your residence room, empty and clean your Coldex Fridge. Make sure to leave your Coldex Fridge plugged in. (Don’t worry! We’ll take care of that.)
- Take out all garbage from your room and put it in the garbage room.
- Check that everything that came with your room is left (recycling bin, garbage bin, etc.).
- Heating units with speed settings should be turned off.
- Close Windows and Blinds.
- Turn off lights.
- LOCK your room / apartment / suite door behind you.
- Check your residence mailbox before you return your keys. Any mail left in mailboxes after a student’s move out date will be returned to sender.
- Return your room / apartment / suite key(s), access card and mailbox key to your designated Service Centre — the lobbies of either Mary E. Keyes Residence Building or Commons Building — to complete the check-out process.
Parking lots are open, no payment is required to exit.
What happens if I check-out of residence, but then can’t get home?
If your travel situation changes and you can’t leave Canada, you will be able to return to residence until alternative arrangements can be made.
What resources are available to me?
The International Student Services (ISS) provides a number of services to international students. Although the Student Success Centre will be moving to provide supports for students remotely instead of in-person they are still available to connect and support you.
To connect with someone in International Student Services please email email@example.com.