When is My Last Exam?
Find your exam schedule through your personal Exam Schedule on Mosaic to determine when your last day in residence will be.
- Your building access card will be deactivated as of 7 pm on your move-out date (the day after your last exam) if it is between April 1st and 29th, or by 3 pm on April 30, 2022.
- If your last day of exams is April 29th, you must leave residence by 3 pm on the 30th.
- Students who fail to move out of residence by the date and time applicable to their circumstances will be subject to a minimum $50 per night violation under the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- Unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance moving students’ belongings out of residence. You will need to rely on one another, family and friends for your successful move. Please make sure anyone helping is following McMaster COVID-19 regulations (masks are still required in indoor settings on-campus and no external guests are allowed in the residence buildings).
- As parking is very limited on campus, please ensure that you packed in advance of being picked up to keep things moving in loading areas.
Book Your Move-Out Date on the Residence Portal
Once you have determined your required move-out date:
1. Log-in to the Residence Portal using your MacID and password.
2. On the left-hand side, click on the hamburger menu (the three lines button) and select April Departure.
3. Select your current room booking when it appears on the screen. From there, you will be guided through the remaining steps to select your move-out time.
You may select a move-out date earlier than your scheduled move-out date through the calendar option in the portal.
Request a Move-Out Extension
Can’t move out the day after your exams? The deadline to request an extension is April 5 by 4:00 p.m.
The final day that you can stay in residence with an approved extension request submitted through the Residence Portal is April 30, 3:00 p.m.
- To complete the Move Out Extension request, log into the Residence portal, and proceed to the “Move-Out Extension Request” step.
- You will be notified via email to your McMaster email address if your extension request is approved.
Students with exceptional circumstances or pre-booked flights may be able to extend their stay between April 30 to May 3, 2022 at 3 p.m. Please email email@example.com with your circumstance (including proof of pre-booked flight) for consideration.
We may not be able to accommodate all student requests and students should plan their departure accordingly. If an extension is granted, a $50 per night accommodation fee will apply to remain in residence between April 30, 2022 and May 3, 2022, as these dates are outside of the contract dates.
Move-Out Checklist and Tips
- Take out all garbage from your room and put it in the garbage room
- Check that everything that came with your room is left (recycling bin, desk chair, garbage bin etc.)
- Heating units with speed settings should be turned off
- Close Windows and Blinds
- Turn off lights
- LOCK your room/apt/suite door behind you
- Make sure you collect any mail at your designated Service Centre before leaving residence. Any mail left after a student’s move out date will be “Returned to Sender”. It is your responsibility to notify all correspondents of your summer address a few weeks prior to moving out of residence.
- Return your room/apt/suite key(s), access card to your quad’s assigned Service Centre – lobbies of either Mary E. Keyes Residence Building or Commons Building – to complete the check-out process. Failing to return your residence keys will result in lock change charges (minimum of $160) to your Mosaic student account.
- If you will be staying at McMaster in the Student Summer Accommodation, make sure you update your mailing address with your new room number for any correspondents, mail services or subscriptions.
- Housing & Conference Services staff will be completing move out inspections immediately following move-out. An email will be sent to your McMaster email address listing any damages identified and/or extra cleaning required in your room or apartment/suite and the associated charges.