When is My Last Exam?
Find your exam schedule through your personal Exam Schedule on Mosaic to determine when your last day in residence will be.
- Your building access card will be deactivated as of you will need leave your residence space by 3:00 p.m. the day following your last exam, or by 3:00 p.m. on April 26, 2024, whichever is earlier.
- Unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance moving students’ belongings out of residence. You will need to rely on one another, family and friends for your successful move.
- As parking is very limited on campus, please ensure that you packed in advance of being picked up to keep things moving in loading areas.
View Your Move-Out Details on the Residence Portal
Request a Move-Out Extension
If you are an international or out-of-province student with travel arrangements beyond your scheduled move-out date, you can request an extension to stay in residence no later than 3:00 p.m. on April 26, 2024. As part of your request, please upload supporting documents such as a flight itinerary.
Students approved for Student Summer Accommodation will be provided with an extension to transition to their new space. More details will be provided via email in the coming weeks. If you have any questions about summer accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can submit a Late Move-Out Request from February 21 to March 13, 2024. Please note we may be unable to accommodate requests made after this date.
Move-Out Checklist and Tips
Residence buildings will be locked and secured for the summer break and you will not have access to your residence building after your scheduled move-out date. You need to take all your belongings home, and make sure you return your keys to your residence lobby (Edwards and Wallingford do not have key drop boxes; please return your keys to your designated Service Centre).
Leave your room as you found it:
- Take out all garbage from your room and put it in the garbage room (any additional garbage left may result in additional residence charges)
- Turn off heating units with speed settings
- Close windows and blinds
- Turn off lights
- Check that everything that came with your room is left (recycling, garbage bins etc.)
- Lock your room/apartment/suite door behind you
- Students who fail to remove their belongings from their room will be charged for a removal fee
Return these items to your Service Centre:
- Borrowed fans or heaters (Please leave these in your room if you live in Edwards, Matthews, McKay, Moulton or Wallingford)
- Please leave Coldex fridges in your room emptied, cleaned and unplugged. For reference, visit Coldex’s page about deposits and cleaning
Update your mailing address:
- We will not be accepting your parcels past April 26
- If you will be staying at McMaster in the Student Summer Accommodation, make sure you update your mailing address with your new room number for any correspondents, mail services or subscriptions.
- Housing & Conference Services staff will be completing move out inspections immediately following move-out. An email will be sent to your McMaster email address listing any damages identified and/or extra cleaning required in your room or apartment/suite and the associated charges.