When is My Last Exam?
Find out your exam schedule through your personal Exam Schedule on Mosaic to determine when your last day in residence will be.
- Your building access card will be deactivated as of 7 pm on your move-out date
- Students who fail to move out of residence by 7 pm on the day following their last exams will be subject to a minimum $50 per night violation under the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- If your last day of exams is April 29th, you must leave residence by 3 pm on the 30th
- Unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance moving students’ belongings out of residence. You will need to rely on one another, family and friends for your successful move
- As parking is very limited on campus, please ensure that you packed in advance of being picked up to keep things moving in loading areas.
Can’t move out the day after your exams?
If you require an extension for an academic requirement, extenuating circumstance or a pre-booked out-of-province/country flight, you must complete the Move Out Extension Request step on the residence portal.
- To complete the Move Out Extension request, log into the Residence portal, and proceed to the “Move-Out Extension Request” step.
- You will be notified via email to your McMaster email address if your extension request is approved.
- Any mail that is sent to McMaster for you will be “Returned to Sender”. It is your responsibility to notify all correspondents of your summer address a few weeks prior to moving out of residence. This includes students staying for summer with the Stay@Mac program as your mailbox number will change.
- Housing & Conference Services staff will be completing move out inspections immediately following move-out. An email will be sent to your McMaster email address listing any damages identified and/or extra cleaning required in your room or apartment/suite and the associated charges.
Move-Out Checklist and Tips
- Take out all garbage from your room and put it in the garbage room
- Check that everything that came with your room is left (recycling bin, garbage bin etc.)
- Heating units with speed settings should be turned off
- Close Windows and Blinds
- Turn off lights
- LOCK your room/apt/suite door behind you
- Check your residence mailbox before you return your keys. Any mail left in mailboxes after a student’s move out date will be “Returned to Sender”
- Return your room/apt/suite key(s), access card and mailbox key to your designated Service Centre – lobbies of either Mary E. Keyes Residence Building or Commons Building – to complete the check-out process. Failing to return your residence keys will result in lock change charges (minimum of $160) to your Mosaic student account.