What is Residence Room Self-Selection?
Students will be able to select their own residence space through the residence room self-selection process.
On Tuesday, June 13, 2023 students will receive an email with details about their residence room selection time slot. This will tell them when they can log onto the residence portal to choose their residence room. Students will have five days to complete their selection once their time begins.
The first time slot will open in late June and the last time slot is expected to close in mid-July.
Steps to Complete Room Self-Selection
1. When your time slot opens, log in to the Residence Application portal with your MacID and password. Groups of students will receive the same time slot, so for the greatest selection choose your room as soon as possible.
2. Click Undergraduate Residence Application on the top menu.
3. Click Continue to select your term: Residence – Academic Year Sept 2023 to April 2024.
4. Upload your Residence Photo. To select your room, you must upload your Residence Portal profile photo first. We need your photo on file as part of our security protocol; it allows us to confirm your identity should you lock yourself out of your room. You will not be able to select your room without uploading a photo.
Here are some tips regarding your photo:
- You may log-in to the portal using your mobile device and snap a selfie!
- Picture must be of you only – your head and shoulders (just like a passport photo)
- It must be clear, sharp and in focus
- Cannot include anyone else in the picture
- No hats, sunglasses, or filters, please
5. Select the room and bed space you want to live in. If you are unable to click on a space, it is already filled.
6. Confirm your selection by clicking “Submit”.
7. You will be able to see your booking confirmation such as building, room type, and roommate(s) information (where applicable) on the Residence Assignment page.
Things to keep in mind when making your room selection:
- Please keep your budget in mind as you pick your room. You can view the fees per student of different room types here.
- Students who have been accepted to a Living Learning Community will have room options indicated for them in the LLC’s building. Choosing a room option not tagged with the LLC will remove you from that LLC.
- Move-in weekend is August 26 and 27. More information about requesting early arrival to residence for international and out-of-province students with pre-booked flights and late arrivals will be coming soon.
If you are unable to make any selection, or cannot login to the Residence Portal:
- Try to log in to Mosaic to ensure your MacID and password are working.
- Reload your page or use a different browser.
- Clear your cache or browsing history.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with “Self-Selection Error” as the subject line.
How to select a room during Self-Selection
Room Self-Selection Frequently Asked Questions
You and your friend will both be entered into the same time slot lottery. The roommate with the earlier time slot will choose the room you will live in together. No action needs to be taken by the roommate with the later time slot.
Make sure you discuss the room type you prefer before making a selection.