Future Residence Buildings
Housing & Conference Services is growing our residence community with the construction of Lincoln Alexander Hall
Learn more about this project below.
McMaster’s new 15-storey undergraduate/graduate residence on Main Street West between Dalewood and Forsyth, has been named in honour of the late Lincoln Alexander. As an advocate for education and an activist for racial equity in Canada, Lincoln Alexander will be a role model to the bright minds we welcome to residence from across Canada and around world.
Tuesday, May 9 2023: Demolitions are complete and relevant permits are in progress.
- 1,366 bed spaces
- Most of the residence will be 10 stories or lower, with a 15-storey tower close to Forsyth Avenue
- 325 long-term bicycle storage spaces
- 43 underground car parking spots
- Access controlled, safe entrances
- Communal spaces on every floor
- A space designed to encourage students and older adults to socialize and learn together, hosted by the McMaster Institute for Research on Aging (MIRA)
- Targeting LEED ® Gold Certification