10 Bay Graduate Residence
McMaster University’s upper-year students, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows now have a new year-round housing option with the September 2023 opening of 10 Bay Graduate Residence.
Located at 10 Bay Street, this state-of-the-art 30-story building will create a thriving student community in the heart of downtown Hamilton.
Living at 10 Bay, you’ll enjoy fully-furnished apartments and extensive building amenities, including a fitness centre, outdoor rooftop running track, movie theatre room, study spaces, music room, games room, and a rooftop barbecue area. Monthly rent includes all utilities, high-speed internet, 24/7 building security, and live-in McMaster residence support staff.
The residence is steps away from local restaurants, shops, and other McMaster locations, including the David Braley Health Sciences Centre. The building is designed to meet Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Gold standards and includes green roofs and bicycle storage.
About 10 Bay
- 644 bed spaces in fully furnished studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments
- Discounted rates on two-bedroom apartments for couples and families
Located in the Heart of Downtown Hamilton
10 Bay is located at:
10 Bay Street South
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
On the southwest corner of King Street West and Bay Street South in downtown Hamilton, the location of 10 Bay makes travelling to campus easy. Steps from James Street, residents will be immersed in local culture as they enjoy the close proximity to restaurants, shops and services.
Easy Access to Campus
The city-centre location provides convenient access to public transportation to all McMaster campuses and the Greater Toronto Area.
All of the apartments at 10 Bay are fully furnished and ready for you to move in.
Each apartment comes with:
- A double bed, chair and desk with a book shelf, wardrobe/dresser, couch seating, garbage bin and recycling bin (per bedroom).
Washroom with a sink, mirror, toilet, and shower.
- Kitchen appliances including a fridge/freezer, microwave, and stove with oven.
- Access to a shared laundry facility.
- High speed wi-fi internet access.
Please bring your own bed linens and bath linens along with any cookware or utensils you may need.
10 Bay's Wellness & Community Amenities
10 Bay Graduate Residence was designed after an in-depth consultation with graduate students to ensure their housing environment met their needs and supported their academic goals. We are proud to offer extensive wellness amenities to support our graduate residences.
10 Bay includes:
- Fitness centre
- Yoga and musical instrument jamming spaces
- Study and meeting spaces
- Movie theatre
- Rooftop park with outdoor running track and BBQ area (opening late 2023)
- Lounge spaces
- Beautiful event spaces
- Communal kitchens
- Targeted to receive Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Gold Certification