Applying to Residence:
- 20 bed spaces are reserved for Exchange Student applicants
- Housing typically reserves private rooms (e.g., single, apartment, suite) for Exchange Students.
- If we receive more applicants than bed spaces available, a lottery will be run to determine who will receive a bed space.
- No deposit is required at the time of application.
- Priority will be given to Exchange Students enrolled full-time and for the full term (September – April).
- To be considered in the lottery for an offer of a residence bed space, students must apply between Mid-April and Tuesday June 19, 2018 at 4:00pm EDT.
- The lottery will be run a week following the application deadline.
- All students will be notified of their residence status by McMaster email.
- Exchange students successful in the lottery will have one week, from the time of offer, to secure their residence space with a $600 deposit made to their online residence application using MasterCard, Visa, Amex or Debit.
- Exchange students applying to residence after the deadline, will be ordered on a waiting list by date and time of submission.
- Room assignments are completed by random lottery and room type preferences listed on the application are not guaranteed.
The residence application for Exchange students will open in Mid-April and close on Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 at 4:00pm EDT.
- The Department of Hospitality Services requires all residence students to purchase a Meal Plan.
- Students living in traditional residences must purchase a Group A full meal plan. Students living in Bates and Mary E. Keyes Residence may select either the Group A full meal plan or the Group B reduced plans.
- If you have listed an apartment or suite room type as a preference but are assigned a traditional building, your plan will be changed to the corresponding Group A full meal plan.
- Hospitality Services may accommodate most dietary needs. If you have special dietary needs, please ensure you indicate this information on the Special Accommodation section of the online application. Please also contact Hospitality Services (Ext. 24422) to discuss your Special Dietary needs. For further information see the Hospitality web-page. Meal Plan Information – Click here!